Who is WYOWARN
WYOWARN is a network of Wyoming water
and wastewater utilities that cooperatively prepare for the next natural or man-made
disaster by bridging political and jurisdictional boundaries
through training, protocols and mutual aid agreements so
that the utilities can respond to events beyond their control
by sharing personnel, tools and equipment. Their purpose
- Expedite the arrival of aid in response to a disaster
or event that exceeds the options, resources or capabilities
of a utility.
- Restore hope to Wyoming’s citizens by restoring
water and wastewater services following disasters or events
that cause service interruptions and exceed the capabilities
of local resources.
- Coordinate increased emergency planning and training
with Wyoming water and wastewater organizations.
- Provide a clearing house of resources and enhance access
to resources for utilities within the state.
- Promote Wyoming’s water and wastewater operators
as first responders.